UPDATE: The WeFunder round of fundraising has ended.
This is Exciting
Have you read our manifesto? We don’t really like to call it a manifesto because that implies a kind of serious self-importance, and that’s just not us. Don’t misunderstand us! We believe our work is important – very important – but we always want to talk about it in open and genuine ways because those values are at the heart of what Groundswell is doing. Anyway, all that to say if you haven’t read our manifesto yet, you should. It explains exactly what we’re trying to do and why we’re trying to do it, which is what a manifesto does. You can see how this gets complicated…
If you don’t have time to read it, we understand. You’re busy. So here’s the gist:
- Groundswell was founded on the belief that capital and capitalism can be harnessed for the greater good.
- Our program creates co branded VISA cards for our nonprofit partners they can give to their supporters.
- Then, every time one of their supporters uses that VISA card, Groundswell shares a portion of the processing fees with the nonprofit.
- It’s not a lot of money per transaction, really just a drip, but when you multiply all those supporters and each of their daily transactions, those drips quickly turn into geysers.
- So all those little, everyday transactions for stuff like gas, groceries, and coffee generate real, ongoing revenue for organizations doing good in the world.
- That’s pretty exciting, right?
You Can Join the Groundswell
We’re a startup company and the last few months we’ve been doing startup things like building out our infrastructure and pursuing funding from professional investors. But that’s mostly done now and we’re excited to announce our next growth phase.
We’re partnering with WeFunder to raise the round of funding that will release our program into the wild. Why are we using WeFunder for such an important step? Because their mission looks a lot like ours.
You see, until only recently, the wealthy had a government-protected monopoly on investing in high-growth startups. That locks ordinary people out of the investing cycle and greatly limits entrepreneur’s access to investment funding. WeFunder changes that by connecting ordinary investors directly to entrepreneurs doing the really important stuff in America.
We could have pursued these same wealthy investors but that runs counter to our mission of harnessing the power of capitalism for a greater good. By partnering with WeFunder, we’re interrupting the investing monopoly enjoyed by the wealthy in the same way we’re interrupting the big banks’ monopoly on credit card processing fees. This way, everyone can be a part of our exciting new mission
Start Your WeFunder Today
- If you’re interested in learning more, check out our WeFunder page.
- If you’d like to invest, there’s an important step you need to complete first. To start this process, you need to open a FREE WeFunder investment account.
- It only takes a few minutes and you should hear back within the day. So if you’re not already a WeFunder investor, get started today so you can be among the first in the country to join the Groundswell.
Together We Can Do Something Big
Our mission has always been about doing great things together. Together we can use the combined power of small, everyday actions to fund HUGE change in the world. But first we can join together to form the solid backbone of the company that will drive those big changes. We can all rise together and that starts today.
[mk_button_gradient dimension=”flat” size=”large” corner_style=”full_rounded” grandient_color_from=”#00adee” grandient_color_to=”#00adee” url=”https://wefunder.com/GroundSwellCard” align=”center” margin_top=”40″ margin_bottom=”40″]LEARN MORE[/mk_button_gradient]
If you’d like to stay up-to-date along the way, sign up for the Groundswell newsletter.